This work is included in the Provenance Research Project
, which investigates the ownership history of works in MoMA's collection.
On consignment from the artist to Galerie Alfred Flechtheim, Berlin, 1930 ; on loan to The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1930 ; sold through J. B. Neumann, New York to Sidney Janis (1896-1989), New York, 1930 ; given to The Museum of Modern Art, New York, 1967.
 Paul-Klee-Stiftung, Kunstmuseum Bern, eds. Paul Klee: catalogue raisonné. Bern: Benteli and New York: Thames and Hudson, vol. 5 (2001), no. 5134.
 Included in the exhibition Paul Klee, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, March 13-April 2, 1930 (no. 61). The catalogue notes on p. 13: "Unless otherwise indicated the paintings belong to the artist and are exhibited by arrangement with his representatives [Galerie Alfred Flechtheim, Berlin and J.B. Neumann, New York]."
 The Sidney and Harriet Janis Collection, The Museum of Modern Art, New York, January 17-March 4, 1968, p. 17: "Acquired from Galerie Alfred Flechtheim, Berlin, through J.B. Neumann, 1930."
If you have any questions or information to provide about the listed works, please e-mail email@example.com or write to:
Provenance Research Project
The Museum of Modern Art
11 West 53 Street
New York, NY 10019